BA with Quantitative Economics Concentration
The Quantitative Economics Concentration will be a new track in addition to the existing BA. The quantitative track is more appealing to STEM students and will better prepare economics majors for graduate school as well as professional careers. The QEC curriculum will provide you with empirical skills that are highly sought-after by employers, and will also give you superior preparation for graduate school.
In practice, this broad learning objective requires that majors demonstrate abilities in the areas of:
- Economic literacy: Be able to clearly explain core economic terms, concepts and theories.
- Critical thinking: Demonstrate the ability to apply economic reasoning to contemporary social issues and policy problems.
- Quantitative reasoning: Apply appropriate quantitative and statistical techniques to economic analysis. Conduct economic analysis using equations and graphs.
- Reporting: Develop expertise needed to effectively communicate results of economic research and analysis to colleagues and decision-makers through written reports and oral presentations.
- Before you can declare econ as a minor, you must have completed Econ 130 and 131 with C or better, and have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Fill out the Declaration of Major form and contact the Economics Department’s Undergraduate Advising for signature.